Metal Free Victoria Park Restorations
Dental fillings are one of the most common types of services that we provide. Over the years, we’ve been able to replace traditional metal (amalgam) materials with durable, tooth-coloured ones.
Not only are white fillings more aesthetically pleasing, today’s materials are also much more durable than they were in years past. In fact, they come in a variety of different blends, allowing us to choose the one that best suits the tooth you need to have filled.
Why Do I Need a Filling?
White fillings are useful for treating a variety of different issues, such as
- Repairing areas of your tooth that have suffered from decay
- Correcting the damage caused by minor tooth fractures (e.g. bonding)
- Adjusting the aesthetics of teeth that are visible when you smile
Symptoms of Tooth Decay
Treating cavities earlier means that your restoration is smaller and less traumatic to your tooth structure. It also prevents the cavity from spreading to other teeth or deeper into your tooth, causing an abscess. You may have a cavity if you’re experiencing symptoms like
- Sensitivity when eating certain types of foods
- Pain in a tooth when you’re biting down on it
- A noticeable discolouration or dark spot
- Dark staining around an existing, older filling